Dr. Verl A. Anderson
US Army, Pentagon, Wash., DC – (Army Chief of Staff for Personnel Command)
Japan Works, Inc.
Grand Marriott Moscow Hotel, Russia
NBC (New Business Creations); La Grande School District
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) - Arizona State University - 1985
- Masters of Library Systems Management (MLS) - Brigham Young University - 1972
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BS) - Brigham Young University - 1969
ON-CAMPUS FACULTY POSITIONS
- Full Professor of Business - Dixie State College (DSC), St. George, UT - 2001-present
- Full Professor of Business - Eastern Oregon University (EOU), La Grande, Oregon – 1985 - 2001
- Visiting professor University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand - 1993-1994
- Associate Library Director/Reference Librarian - EOU, La Grande, Oregon – 1972-1985
ON-LINE FACULTY POSITIONS
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Distance Education on-line professor 2010 - present
- Dixie State College – Distance Education on-line professor
- Proficient in Blackboard, Angel, Vista, Canvas, Loud Cloud,and WebCT for Online course instruction
- Successfully assisted the School for Deaf and Blind in Sergiev Posad, Russia, by setting up a small business. Twelve trips taking senior university business students to Russia – August 1997 – May 2009.
- Dr. Anderson was awarded the Service to Humanity Award from Sergiev Posad, Russia in 2009 in recognition of his service to the School for Deaf and Blind.
- Negotiated with Idaho Power, NW Power Association, Salt River Project, Bonneville Power, PGE for incorporating a corporate university in conjunction with 4 universities
- Pioneered Simultaneous Remote Searching (SRS) technology for the United States.
- Awarded Army Commendation Medal & Army Achievement Medal US Army (twice) Pentagon,
- Retired from US Army Reserves – 35 years of service, Active duty 2 years
- Received Meritorious Service award 5 separate years (EOU)
BOARD MEMBER/ CIVIC/PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT
- NASAGA (North American Simulation and Gaming Association) - Board of Directors
- OUS (Oregon University System) International Business - Executive Board Member
- OUS International Trade Institute - Board Member
- OUS Pacific Basin Committee Executive - Board Member
- Dixie Escalante Kite Festival – Board of Directors
- Boy Scouts of America: Blue Mountain Council Executive Board; District Eagle Scout Board of Review; District Award of Merit;
- CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) trained
- Island Magic Club (Polynesian Dance Troupe) - Faculty Advisor/Sponsor (13 years)
- US Army, Pentagon, Wash., DC – (Army Chief of Staff for Personnel Command);
- Japan Works, Inc.;
- McDonald’s Corporation;
- Grand Marriott Moscow Hotel, Russia;
- NBC (New Business Creations); La Grande School District,
CONFERENCE TECHNICAL PAPERS/WORKSHOPS/SEMINARS/SPEECHES
Economic and Social Sustainability of Deaf and Blind Students in Russia – 7th International Conference on Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability, University of Waikato, Hamilton, New Zealand, 2011
Effective Communications; Small Business Management Relationships - Whittaker Studios, Ivins, UT 2010
Humanitarianism - Keynote speech, Opening Ceremonies for World Week, Dixie State College 2009
Working with the Deaf & Blind - 3 Homes for Wayward Children, Southern Utah 2009
Effective Workplace Relationships (1-day seminar McDonald’s Corporate Offices. Portland, Blue Mtn CC Marketing Warfare. (2-day seminar). Blue Mountain Community College (BMCC). & Portland 2000
Effective Human Relations. (2-day seminar). Treasure Valley Community College (TVCC), and BMCC
“Small Business for Deaf and Blind School, Sergiev Posad, Russia” - International Academy of Business Disciplines. Los Angeles
“NASAGA Implementations for 98” NASAGA - Atlanta, GA
“Effective Packaging” North American Simulation and Gaming Association - Ottawa, ONT, Canada
“Personality Types” Association for Business Communication - Orlando
“NAFTA & New Zealand Foreign Trade” New Zealand Marketing Educators Conference - Canterbury, NZ
“Consumer Buyer Behaviour” Australia/New Zealand Academy of Management Conf - Melbourne, Australia
“Marketing Opportunities for New Zealand Firms in Asia” - South China International Symposium: Managing Business in the 1990’s - Hong Kong/Macau 1994
“International Business for New Zealand Firms in Asia” 12th Conf of the Assoc of Management- Dallas, TX
“email in Today’s Organizations” 59th Convention of the Assoc for Business Communication - San Diego,
“Powerbeat Batteries Ltd.”- Annual Convention of International Business Case Studies - New Orleans
“Total Quality Management” - American Academy of Business Administration National Conf - Las Vegas,
ARTICLES PUBLISHED BY VERL A. ANDERSON
_____ Economic and Social Sustainability of Deaf and Blind Students in Russia, The International Journal of Environmental, Cultural, Economic and Social Sustainability, vol. 7, 2011.
____ Empowering the Deaf and Blind in Russia, Thunderbird International Business Review, 2011, Wiley Periodicals, Inc. (submitted, in review).
____ Empowering Eyes and Ears, DSC Business Magazine, Fall 2008
____ (reviewer for)Peng, Mike. Global Business. South-Western, Cengage Learning, 2008.
____ (reviewer for) The Handbook of Technology Management. Wiley, 2008.
____ (focus group and reviewer for)Williams, Chuck. MGMT. Thomson/South-Western, 2008.
____ Changing Handicapped Paradigm in Russia; Small Business Implications with Deaf and Blind. (chapter in: Biberman, Jerry. Business Research Yearbook, Global Business Perspectives, vol. IX. IABD,2002).
____ Powerbeat International, Ltd. A Case Study. (in Sanyal, R. International Business. Prentice Hall, 2002).
____ Why and How Eastern Oregon University Should Develop an Integrated Marketing Effort. Eastern Oregon University, White Paper #1, July 1999
____ A Critical Analysis of the Home Web Pages of Eastern Oregon and Eastern Oregon Collaborative College. Eastern Oregon University, White Paper #2, July 1999
____ Equal Opportunity Assessment for the U.S. Army, April 1999, Office of Deputy Chief of Staff for Personnel, US Army, Pentagon, Washington, DC
____ Food Stamps and the Military, March 1999, Office of Human Relations, ODCSPER, US Army, Pentagon, Washington, DC
____ Human Relations? In the Army??? ODCSPER Bulletin, March 1998, Office of Personnel, US Army, Pentagon, Washington, DC
____ But What Value is Command Climate Survey to Me? Command Information, Spring 1998, US Army, Human Resources Directorate, Pentagon, Washington, DC
____ Command Climate Survey. Administered to all US Army units worldwide to all soldiers in the US Army. December 1997. HQDA DAPE-HR, Pentagon, Washington, DC
____ New Zealand Firms Marketing Opportunities in Asia. Asia Journal of Business
____ An Approach to TQM Training. American Academy of Business Administration National Conference Proceedings - Las Vegas, Nevada - 1993
____ Total Quality Management; in TRADOC Command. Ft. Monroe, VA: HQ TRADOC, Department of the Army, 1989. (160 manual-TQM implementation in entire US Army)